Is requesting delivery/postage allowed on Olio?
Olio is intended to connect local communities. See below for our policy on posting items on Olio.
Please do not request delivery or postage for FREE items on Olio. If you do it may result in your account being suspended.
- Postage fees can be costly and defeat the point of sharing for free in your neighbourhood.
- Olioers who give away items don’t want to be “a delivery service” . When they’re asked to mail items, it puts them off giving on Olio.
- Scammers could request postage money and never send you the item.
If you are unable to pick up items due to difficult circumstances, you can:
- Ask a friend or neighbour to collect for you
- make sure you tell the Olioer exactly who is collecting
- Add a 'wanted' listing and people can respond at their own discretion:
- click the "+" in the app & choose "wanted"
- explain you're unable to collect in the listing description