UPDATED: Tuesday 22nd March 2022
The following advice applies to the UK. If Olio-ing outside the UK, please ensure you follow local Government guidance at all times.
Can I share with my neighbours during the COVID pandemic?
Yes. Sharing on Olio can continue
What can I add?
- The usual restrictions apply to food that can be shared on Olio - check here
How can I share safely?
- Keeping yourself and others safe
- Let fresh air in if you meet indoors
- Consider wearing a face covering
- Get tested and stay at home if you have symptoms
- Wash your hands regularly and cover coughs and sneezes
By following hygiene guidelines you can minimise the risk to yourself and your community:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this as a matter of routine for at least 20 seconds
- Before and after handling food, and especially after being in a public place, blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Wash before and after setting items out/handling items
- Wash before and after picking items up/bringing items home
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze and wash your hands thereafter
Should I wear gloves when giving/ receiving items?
You can choose to wear gloves, however, this does not replace the need to thoroughly wash hands at critical points such as handling items.
I have/ someone I am in close contact with has developed symptoms/ has been diagnosed with coronavirus, should I use Olio
- Please be considerate of others who may be vulnerable, or living/working with vulnerable people
- If you can, please get tested; if you test positive please do not use Olio whilst you have COVID
- If you can't get tested, but have the symptoms of COVID, please don't use OLIO until the symptoms have gone
How do I know if another Olioer has symptoms of coronavirus?
You can ask other Olioers if they are feeling unwell. Please understand this may be a sensitive subject and should be approached with compassion.
For more information on Coronavirus
WHO - https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
UK - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
USA - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
SWE - krisinformation.se/detta-kan-handa/handelser-och-storningar/20192/myndigheterna-om-det-nya-coronaviruset
Singapore - https://www.gov.sg/features/covid-19
New Zealand - https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus